(Photo: flickr - glennaa)
In an effort to make convenience stores MOREâ¦ convenient, Cracked.com posted some ETIQUITTE rules we should ALL be following. And they look SPOT ON!.
The top five:
1) Know How to Use the Credit Card Machine. A lot of stores make you swipe your own card now. And the self-swiper machines have been around a while, so you SHOULD be able to do it without messing it up twice and taking five minutes.
2) Don't Scratch Off Your Lottery Tickets Right Next to the Register. The worst is when someone buys a ticket then scratches it off while they're still standing in line . . . because they don't want to go to the END of the line to cash it in if they win something.
But even if you're just taking up counter space and you're KIND OF in someone's way, it's still rude.
3) Don't Trash the Soda Fountain Area. If you spill something at HOME, you clean it up. But for some reason that mentality doesn't always exist at convenience stores, because you figure someone's being PAID to do it.
Which is true. But at the very least, let an employee know there's a spill. Or better yet, wipe it up with napkins. Then when you're done wiping it up, throw the wet napkins in the trash. Don't just leave them sitting on the counter.
4) Don't Take Forever in the Bathroom. If you're using the bathroom at a convenience store . . . it's probably for something SERIOUS. But remember, that's probably the case for MOST people who need to use it.
So don't just sit in there playing games on your cell phone. Do what you need to do, and be done with it.
5) If It's a Gas Station, Don't Park at the Pump. This one's obvious, but a lot of people don't think about it. After you fill up at a gas station when it's busy, move your car to a parking space before you go inside, so someone ELSE can fill up.